Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Boca Meatless Chik'n Nuggets

I like Boca, it's Nice.

Remember a while ago when I used this blog as a medium for complaining about the inequality between the insurmountable intolerability of Tofu Pups and their interminably instant ease of preparation? Oxymorons aside, I had another ridiculously long day in which I didn't get home until 11 pm after leaving my apartment for school at 9:15 am. Needless to say I wasn't in the cooking mood. Needlesser to say, I didn't have any Tofu Pups in my fridge.

Given that it's been a good week since my transition to non-contrived vegetarianism, I decided to take a trip to the grocery store yesterday to explore what the Spanish would call opciones para mi sustenance when I stumbled upon a miracle.

Maybe I was too tired to be super-discerning. Maybe the consuming of anything edible would have satiated my hunger enough for me to fall asleep. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing (including this blog post). But, I will go on record as saying that Boca Meatless Chik'n Nuggets have delivered fast, quick, and delicious food where Tofu Pups failed oh so miserably.

10 minutes in the oven and a little hot sauce and ranch dressing later I have a ridiculous grin on my face that has nothing to do with the awesome weekend that's just over the horizon or the fact that the Tigers staged their second incredibly awesome comeback of the season today.

Thank you, Boca. It's good to have a friend like you as a beacon to bring me home on manic days such as these.

Now, I pass out...

Ryan the Sound Guy

4 comments:

  1. Haha, ew. I think you need a BLT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was actually thinking about you after I wrote this post. I feel like I steal a lot from the blogs of all of my friends who write them. I'm stepping on your food niche here, Caryn. Will you bust out the leather glove to demand satisfaction and challenge me to a blog duel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't say steal. What I mean is, I'm inspired by them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bust out the oven mitt. If you're making Tofu Pups, though, I have to say I'm not threatened...

    ReplyDelete