Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 6: Thanksgiving


Why am I listening to Peter and the Wolf right now? Seriously. Of all things to be listening to while writing my end of day blog, why this? For some reason I can't seem to muster up the energy or presence of mind to go into my itunes to change it. While on a good day I'd try to creatively tie our good man Peter's quest to capture the wolf into my subject for the day, today I feel especially tired and worn out and will make no such audacious attempt. And, my left eye is really itchy. (Does this ever happen to anybody else when they're really tired?) So I'm afraid today's is going to be another one of those half-assed posts that you may see more and more of as the Notes from a Sound Guy chronicles wear on.

Had Thanksgiving on set today. I guess there has to be a first time for everything. Today lunch consisted of: Turkey. Dressing. Gravy. Sweet Potatoes. Rolls. Salad. Good eating. Not as solid as my family's cooking but good nonetheless. Despite how dreadful spending 15 hours working on Thanksgiving may sound, it actually wasn't that bad of a day. Good atmosphere and a good people can make even the most exhausting situation seem good. (Note: using "good" three times in one sentence would normally count as laziness and/or bad writing, but you'll forgive me?) This week's shoot wasn't part of the original six that I had scheduled. I volunteered to help out last week when I heard they still needed a sound mixer. So here I am on Thanksgiving night, not in the food coma I would like to be in, but writing half asleep. Tomorrow instead of battling crowds at Toys R Us for an early Christmas gift to myself, I'll be doing the sound thing again.

And, if you wanted to know, Peter just caught the wolf.

Good Night.

Ryan the Sound Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment