Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 30: Insert Blog Here




Me
: Too...tired...to...type. Must.........................eat sandwich.....and............go to bed.

My Better Judgment: But Ryan, what about your blog? You said you would write an account of everyday of production and now you're being little baby and saying your tired. Man up!

Me: But........long days. No sun.............can't breathe, lungs.......................full of dirt. Take. me. out.

My Better Judgment
: It doesn't make any sense though.

Me: What?...............that I'm..........tired? You......you...............you.... were there. On feet. all day........arms....in....sky.....with boom pole. What......do you................expect?

My Better Judgment: No, not that. I get that boom operating is thankless, tedious, and tiring. It just seems like you're wasting more energy separating your words with long ellipses to represent the the fact that you're tired than you would if you wrote an actual blog post, you know?

Me: OK......you................ write....post........then. You pompous.....son of............a.......

My Better Judgment (interrupting): Whoa, whoa, whoa, dude. Let's just relax and take a deep breath here. I'll write your stupid blog for you. Won't be the first time I've saved you from making a fool out of yourself.

It's no surprise that the so-called author of this blog would enlist another guest blogger not two weeks after the first. Always looking to shirk work. Always looking for the easy way out. My words about the so-called author of this blog will not be quite as nice as the previous guest blogger's were, but that's mainly because my relationship with the so-called author of this blog is largely antagonistic.

For the past two months I've been trying to get this guy, to start editing his film and what has he been doing? Claiming that his inspiration lay in another story and that he'd return to his silly baseball film when school started and he actually had to have a cut done. Says he has to follow his muse in the meantime. What a load.

And then I say, "Ryan, you need to sleep. Why do you insist upon blogging when you get home every night?" And he says, "Must......finish..........what I...................started." What a load.

Then he says he's going to run a half marathon in the blistering cold of January with the minimalist of the minimal amount of training under his belt. I say to him, "You're an idiot." He says, "It'll be fun!" What a load.

And here I am, as always, getting him out of a situation that he knew he was in over his head for from the beginning. We'll see if I can do the same thing about the half marathon in a week. One day this kid will learn, but until then I apologize to all of you for his broken promise of a blog. One day he will learn. One day.

Ryan the Sound Guy's Better Judgment

1 comment:

  1. i like that you chose the HUGEST picture you could find to distract your loyal readers from your inner-monologue. BUT WE LOOOOOVE YOUR INNER-MONOLOGUE, SILLY. your pain is our gain.

    P.S. i'm all for the new story (TELL US MORE!!). edit that silly bathe-ball film later (whenever i write the word baseball, in my head, i pronounce it bathe-ball...like cameron diaz's brother in something about mary...do YOU???)

    ReplyDelete