Monday, February 22, 2010

Tofu Pups


It has just occurred to me that the key to success in my flirtation with vegetarianism this lent lies almost solely in my ability to make Tofu Pups (a brand of tofu hot dogs) edible. The fact that they are three of my favorite things (1. Cheap, 2. Easy to make, and 3. filling) leads me to really want to forgive how awful they taste. And, after days like today where I'm at school from 9:30 in the morning until 10:30 at night (yes, you read that correctly), it's raining outside, and I'm too tired to make something throwing these intolerable things into boiling water for 2 minutes sounds incredible. Forget 40 days without a burger, I will be more proud of myself if I can force myself to actually appreciate tofu pups.

That's all. Now, I pass out.

Ryan the Sound Guy

3 comments:

  1. that is so disgusting. you need to start flirting with more girls instead of vegetarianism. a lot of time, girlfriends cook and everything! sometimes you'll have to watch bad movies with them but your fondness of star trek tells me you wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, Steph, Steph.

    1) For a person who consistently chides me for being too careful, how can you now advise me against my untypically bold decision to cease eating meat? You of all people should be applauding me.

    2) I'm currently sort of...what's the word?...smitten. It's quite tragic.

    3) Even if I wanted to, my sad lack of game wouldn't allow me the option of flirting with anything but vegetarianism, unfortunately. (I could try the Winter Olympics given the season, but that would require my actually making an effort to understand their point, which I may or may not be unwilling to do.)

    4) Re: Numbers 2 and 3. You're not allowed to chide me for being too careful.

    5)Star Trek was an awesome movie. End of debate.

    Consider this my post for the day. Thanks for the prompt!

    Ryan the Sound Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. (ryan) JAMES CARMICHAEL.

    1) bold??? vegan. now that's bold. and exhausting. so you'd like it.

    1 part deux) not that i'd ever encourage not eating burgers. that's stoopid.

    2) yesssssssssss!! i'm coming to NY this wkd!!!!!!! i must meet her! (and catch up with you in real life!) what are you doing saturday night?!? i don't know what our plans are yet but i will let you know! mr. tragically smitten...(for now!)

    3) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    3 p.s.) eh, sometimes game only comes out when the person is really really special. you got game when you want to have game. i've seen (heard) it. it's just in your own way. there's your pep talk. NOW GET OFF THE BENCH. throw away the play book and make up your own. beef up your offence. stay out of the sidelines or you're just going to foul. if i don't stop speaking in sports i'm going to be sick.

    4) you're not the boss of me.

    5) the only time i've been more bored is I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE BORED.

    6) why am i awake.

    ReplyDelete