Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On Editing

Another 2 AM post. You've been warned.

It's funny.

I began researching the film that I'm editing now last summer.

I wrote the first draft of script for the film this past August.

I produced and directed the film in November.

The film is due on April 6th.

Creatively I've been focused almost solely on the characters and the world that I've created in this film for about 9 months.

I'm in my final trimester.

Hoping the baby is healthy.

I have a short attention span sometimes which makes editing challenging.

All of the care that I put into researching, writing, and directing kind of falls apart when the film is on a hard drive and not in my head or on paper.

I'd much rather be writing my next film.

I presented the idea for my next script to my writing class a few weeks ago.

I feel like everybody had a sense of why I wanted to write the story that I presented, but nobody outright asked.

There's this unspoken rule amongst screenwriters that my professor alluded to in which nobody ever likes to reveal their methods or process.

Thus, by not asking what inspired my script idea, my classmates were unknowingly abiding this rule.

Good people.

All of this has nothing to do with editing my current film though.

Which proves my previous point about my short attention span regarding editing.

And, subsequently, blog posts regarding editing.

Sleep.

Ryan the Sound Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment