Monday, March 22, 2010

On the Need to Write a New Post

Two of My Heroes (or should I say six)


Residual spring break laziness.

Legs sore and tired from yesterday's half-marathon.

Led Zeppelin on mile 11.

I could have punched Jimmy Page.

Young Folks in my head on mile 5.

Found that It's hard to whistle and run hard at the same time.

Talking bout the old style too.

I just sneezed.

This post is written in real time.

Is it possible to pull an ab muscle?

I only ask because my upper-right ab muscle is rather uncomfortable.

And, when I sneezed I noticed it.

I guess everything is done in real time though.

Health care passed!

If I wasn't a student and had no benefits I could go get this checked out.

My trouble lies in how people see this as a negative thing.

End of semester school assignments on the horizon.

A film about baseball that I need a break from.

My mind on the summer...

Finding a new apartment...

Exploring and getting inspiration from this city...

Writing my new screenplay.

Writing

My

New

Screenplay

And, finishing this baseball film.

Love

Love

Love

All you need is...

A spectator was holding a sign yesterday that said "Run fast, Lennon"

I thought to myself, Lennon isn't a bad first name to have.

Possible first names that I'd consider:

Coltrane

Hendrix

Monk

Simon

Bowie

Armstrong

Gershwin

Ellington

Copland

Harper

Dylan

Stravinski

There are some things that are rendered impossible if intellectualized.

These usually fall into the category of "daring" and include:

Kissing someone for the first time.

Being a Detroit Lions fan.

Jumping off of or out of any high edifice, object, or vehicle.

Running long distances for fun.

Arguing with a Republican.

Playing pro baseball and trying to hit a 100 mph pitch.

Studying filmmaking.

I really want to buy a fedora but I'd have to get over my self-consciousness.

Cath says I can pull it off.

I saw a man walking one day who looked just like Chuck D.

Now I'll always wonder what would have happened if I'd asked him to fight the power.

Anybody ever read Hegel?

Don't.

Does anybody find rhetorical questions to be pretentious?

Why ask a question that you intend to be a statement?

Nobody will ever mistake you for Socrates, I assure you. So why not cut the BS?

Why not just make a statement?

Who's excited for baseball season?

A rhetorical question.

I know that EVERYBODY is.

Pretentious.

The Coen Brothers are certifiable geniuses.

The Big Lebowski. No Country for Old Men. A Serious Man. Fargo. O Brother Where Art Thou?

Geniuses.

All of those films are adaptations, too.

In my next project I will combine and adapt Hegel's "Phenomenology of the Spirit" and Sartre's all but indecipherable "Being and Nothingness" into a kid's movie.

It'll be called "Cloudy With a Chance of Existential Anguish and The Will to Be or Bring Into Existence the State of Being That Which Validates One's Being As Such"

It'll be a commercial and critical hit and in my academy awards speech I'll address the podium and in my best Denzel Washington impersonation claim that "Pixar ain't got s*** on me!"

"Because everyone else is boring. And, because you're different."

The best line in The Science of Sleep.

To sleep I go.

Good night, you different people.

Ryan the Sound Guy

6 comments:

  1. and are you going to pay for all the therapy those kids are going to need after they see your movie???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes and then exploit them by shooting a doc focusing on their therapy sessions, the proceeds of which will go into the funding of the sequel to the film that messed them up in the first place.

    I have it all planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to stop writing blog posts and responding to comments about them when I'm in dire need of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But who needs sleep when there are blogs like this to be read? Written? Edited? Are you working on your film right now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burning the midnight oil again, I am. The saturday move is my candle in the middle of the tunnel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm telling you, that is music to my ears right now. HA. I was feeling all domestic yesterday and started cleaning the apt, which is why I missed your call! So I now have a clean, completely empty new apartment. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete