Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 11: Wrapped V.3 (random)


In the crazy spirit of the shoot that just wrapped today I'm going to just make up a lot of random stuff and hope that it pieces together into some kind of narrative. I think this is the best way to capture the craziness of not only myself during these three days as I slipped into delirium during each night of shooting, but also the the craziness of the film as well, which even if I tried I couldn't really explain to you and do it justice. So here goes. Randomness meant to summarize the story of my week.

Grizzly bears gone fly fishing with fly swatters and bloody butcher's smocks.

Cold coffee cocktail con crunch and munch popcorn garnished with flattened Rolo wrappers.

Speed. Still speeding. Reset. Reset. Reset. Reset. Reset. Cut. Tailslate. Already cut.

Common Sense Foresty (sic)

Good whale hunting.

A dog circles the spot in which he prepares to lie down and lies down subsequently.

Sound guy dives into the ground.

Everywhere we go. People want to know. Who we are. Where we come from. So we tell them.

Clothing rustle and unusable lavaliere sound.

Break. Coffee shop. Waiter visits table a half dozen times. Indecisive patrons. Can I have a cup of coffee?

Boom operator gives life lessons. Awesome guy.

"I got it bad and that ain't good" as sung by Frank Sinatra (Great Duke Ellington song that pretty much sums up my life these days. :/

Bad sleep schedule. Baaaaaaad.

Ron Artest drinks Hennessy during games (Is IT in You?)

Watch for the dancing Santa is this crazy video I took with my crappy phone...


How can I not love this time of year with stuff like this happening on the streets of New York? I must be a grinch :0

Saw a dog peeing on a TV on the sidewalk. Wanted to take my phone out to take a picture, post it here, and make some wry comment about the quality of television these days. Thought twice. Too obvious. Plus the new season of Scrubs looks promising.

In Fear and Trembling Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard talks of the similarities between love and faith. Both require an absolute concession to irrationality. Fitting.

The Tigers find a way to lose one of my favorite players. Next summer may be emotionally disastrous for me.

Tiger cheats on his wife. Tiger cheats. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.

If I were a rich man, ye be diba, diba, diba, diba, diba, diba, dum.

Dumb Tiger(s).

Schlepping sound gear to and from set everyday.

Full weekend and Sunday Times Crossword Puzzle and brunch with good people to look forward to.

Loving life...

...Kierkegaardian irrationality and all.

Ryan the Sound Guy

1 comment: