Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 8: Wrapped V.2 (FML)


Alright.

Day 8 was a rough one. Left my apartment at Noon on Monday. Returned at 10 AM on Tuesday. Up at 3 pm to write. And I haven't been consistently sleep the last five hours either. Another shoot to go to at 8. Will I sleep in the next five hours? It's pretty necessary, I'd say. 8 pm to 7 am that shoot is scheduled to go. Relatively simple in comparison. And all indoors which is a major plus.

My classmate Saba (the awake one in the foreground of the photo taken above somewhere around hour 19) put the question across best last night on set somewhere past the twelfth hour when she very earnestly asked me, "Ryan, what is this life worth?" Hilarious.

I've been saying it since my undergrad days and I'll say it again: filmmaking is bad for your health. Aspiring filmmakers are amongst the most masochistic people imaginable. Have never been looking forward to the weekend more than I am now. Imbibing is inevitable...

...that and sleep of course.

And maybe a movie or two.

Ryan the Sound Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment